Race Day Schedule and Categories
Categories below are self-seeding, meaning that you choose the best race for you based on your experience, speed, endurance, and equipment.
If you are sand-bagging (racing in too low of category), people will heckle you and you won't do it again.
If you race in too high of category, people will feel your pain. However, you can downgrade at the next race if necessary.
- C Racers are absolute beginners to cyclocross, even brand new to bike racing, or fitness is not really your thing, but you like to get fit by coming out & just racing! That's totally admirable - sweat your brains out. Or just participate & have fun, with low pressure!
- B Racers are people with some cyclocross racing under their belt & ready for a higher challenge, or experiencing success racing bikes in some other discipline (e.g. Road, XC, DH, BMX). Or maybe you're just a really good athlete! Cyclocross is different than other sports & even cycling disciplines, but it's also about anaerobic conditioning, mental fortitude, focus, & pure bike handling. Do you have those things? If you don't know, try Cs, then upgrade if you are seriously demolishing people out there.
- A Racers know if they are A Racers. You train hard & focus your life on this sport. Or you're a freak. Or both. Not for the faint of heart. Also, the races are long!
Remember, you can always race up! For example, if you are 50+ but should be racing As, race As! If you are a fast woman and want a longer, faster race, race with the A or B men! If you are fast junior and not feeling challenged in the C Men, race with the B Men!
NEW for 2013:
- The BBMX Prologue is not included in this schedule. See the race page for that schedule.
- An All Women's Race! Women C (new), B, and A will all race together at 10:30am!
- A Men's 50+ Category: a separate Men's C category for those in their second half-century of cranking! If you're too fast for the Cs, race up with Masters Men B or Masters Men A (self-seeding).
- An earlier first race time at 9:30am and a later finish time (close to 3:00pm) to accommodate the new categories & expanding fields. Even in January, there should be enough daylight!
- We will also keep all the changes implemented in 2012 (two Youth cats, SS A, etc)